Enough though it is a quiet and beautiful haven, Port Antonio isn’t only visited for its charm. If you’ve got an eye for arts and crafts, and all the jewels Jamaica has to offer, come and explore the city.
Even through the lush greens of our jungle trails, taking in the misty mountains. Or sail down a winding river on a bamboo raft. It’s sure to be a stay to remember.
From the beautiful Blue Lagoon, to the secluded Frenchman’s Cove Beach and the ruins of Folly Mansion, Port Antonio is surely one of the most exotic environments in the world. Come and enjoy.
Port Antonio is the perfect spot for romantic vacations and weddings. Look forward to warm hospitality, privacy and tranquillity in this best kept secret.
Port Antonio is one of the most famous get-aways for the silver-screened movie stars. Here are a couple of things to know; from facts to handy tips, what clothes to pack and what you shouldn’t leave without seeing.
Facts about Port Antonio:
1. Jamaica has a tropical climate, with a wet season from May to November, which coincides with the hurricane season, and a dry season from December to April. Whatever the season, summer clothes suit the beautiful Jamaica best.
2. It is the island’s third largest port, a shipping point for both bananas and coconuts.
3. This part of the island is featured in many famous Hollywood films such as Club Paradise and Cocktail, and is often pictured as the ‘ideal paradise escape’.
4. If you’re a budding photographer, this is certainly a place to take your camera. It is known by photographers all around the world as the most idyllic and scenic place to shoot, capturing Jamaica at It’s finest.
5. Try the famous Bush Bar restaurant for a bit of ‘high-dining’ done island style. A true Port Antonio treat.